Real Estate Director
Who are we?
MINDSPACE is a rapidly growing global provider of beautiful and inspiring workspaces for teams of all sizes: entrepreneurs, freelancers, growing startups, designers, service providers and more. We offer flexible membership options, services and benefits to our members so that they nurture their businesses in a workspace that is a community and not just an office. Our sleek and beautiful spaces provide hassle-free comfort and convenience so our companies can focus on what’s important – their growth and development. With stunning meeting rooms, communal kitchens, dedicated services and expertly thought out design, you’ll love your new space. FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO BE INSPIRED.
We are Hiring!
Want to join our team? We’re on the lookout for a shining star, someone who knows how to work hard and play hard. MINDSPACE is looking for a Real Estate Director to join our growing family. We’re currently in expansion mode, and looking to grow our real estate team.
This full time position will be based in one of the three different locations: New York, Washington or San Francisco, and entails managing all that is related to the acquisition of new Mindspace locations. The role entails sourcing and selecting sites, performing financial evaluations, leading and closing lease negotiations,and managing relations and communications with brokers, lawyers and landlords in various countries. An ideal candidate should have a deep-rooted connection to real estate and experience in handling and negotiating contracts.
The main responsibilities of a REAL ESTATE DIRECTOR at MINDSPACE include (but are not limited to):
- Sourcing off and on market deals, and analyzing best-fit expansion opportunities for Mindspace
- Conducting market research, and leading lease negotiations for new locations
- Developing market strategy for real estate growth
- Creating economic guidelines that outline how to properly implements deals and ensure the most
favorable terms for Mindspace
- Supporting all acquisition and property-related decisions with financial and legal analysis
- Coordinating lease management processes
- Ensuring that all relevant business terms and protective lease clauses are included in contracts
Experience & Minimum Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience in commercial real estate sourcing or negotiations
- Native English - a must
Proven experience in entering new markets and managing several deals
- Proven experience in initiating and managing relationships with brokers and landlords
- International experience - a big advantage
- Familiarity with law processes
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Be a fast-paced mover who doesn’t let jet-lag slow you down; You must be willing to travel as often as needed for the job
- You must have strong communication (& presentation) skills, and not be shy when standing in front of a crowd.
- You must be a fiercely independent worker who is able to operate efficiently if working remotely
- Maintain strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Know how to prioritize tasks under a time-crunch: don’t give in when the going gets tough!
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and constant thirst to learn more
- Excited about MINDSPACE; you are ready to live, eat and breathe MINDSPACE, spreading the love to everyone you encounter