Who are we?
MINDSPACE is a rapidly growing global provider of beautiful and inspiring workspaces for teams of all sizes: entrepreneurs, freelancers, growing startups, designers, service providers and more. We offer flexible membership options, services and benefits to our members so that they nurture their businesses in a workspace that is a community and not just an office.
Our sleek and beautiful spaces provide hassle-free comfort and convenience so our companies can focus on what’s important – their growth and development. With stunning meeting rooms, communal kitchens, dedicated services and expertly thought out design, you’ll love your new space. FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO BE INSPIRED.
We are Hiring!
Want to join our team? We’re on the lookout for a shining star, someone who knows how to work hard and play hard. MINDSPACE is looking for an Engineering Director to join our growing family and manage the execution of new projects both in Israel and abroad. The Engineering Director will be responsible for the planning of and execution of assigned projects, from inception all the way to completion.
This full time position is based in Tel Aviv but includes extensive travel around the world and will report directly to the company’s management.
The main responsibilities of an ENGINEERING DIRECTOR at MINDSPACE include (but are not limited to):
· Overseeing development and construction processes of all new MINDSPACE sites and locations
· Setting project schedules and ensuring on-time completion of building endeavors
· Coordinating construction projects and maintaining relationships with general contractors, architects, and relevant professionals in an international setting
· Ensuring that contracted professionals adhere to work plans and specifications, and complete pre- and post- construction activities
· Working with local municipalities to obtain permits and schedule inspections, as required by law, per location
· Providing constructive feedback during the due diligence phase to identify potential issues with prospective locations
· Identifying and communicating to management potential value in engineering opportunities
· Generating budgets for construction purposes of new sites
· Bidding on management and general contractors, as required per project
· Managing the change order process
· Procuring purchase orders
· Partnering with in-house and outsourced consultants (engineers, architects, designers, etc.) on project deliverables
· Managing punch-list and project closeout processes
· Ensuring delivery of high-quality finished product
Experience & Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction management - a must
· Background in engineering management
· Experience with construction management and/or project management software
· Experience with on-site risk-assessment (or similar)
· Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings and identify issues
Critical Competencies for Success:
· A fiercely independent worker who does not shy away from a fast-paced, hybrid work environment
· Detail oriented and highly organized
· Strong decision maker: you are able to make conscious, responsible decisions on a whim when things don’t go according to plan