Who are we?
MINDSPACE is a rapidly growing global provider of beautiful and inspiring workspaces for teams of all sizes: entrepreneurs, freelancers, growing startups, designers, service providers and more. We offer flexible membership options, services and benefits to our members so that they nurture their businesses in a workspace that is a community and not just an office.
Our sleek and beautiful spaces provide hassle-free comfort and convenience so our companies can focus on what’s important – their growth and development. With stunning meeting rooms, communal kitchens, dedicated services and expertly thought out design, you’ll love your new space. FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO BE INSPIRED.
We are Hiring!
Are you addicted to details? A smooth operator? A serial coordinator and team leader? Want to join our team? We’re on the lookout for a shining star, someone who knows how to work hard and play hard. MINDSPACE is looking for an Operations Manager to join our growing family.
This full time position is based in London and reports directly to the City Lead. The chosen candidate will be an integral part of our team, responsible for managing the Maintanance team, the Office Managers and the FDA's (amongst others) and handling the operational facets of a Mindspace branch.
The main responsibilities of an OPERATING MANAGER at Mindspace include (but are not limited to):
● Mapping and creating a base building document describing all the operational processes that exists or should exist in the buildings. These tasks include: guest registration, cleaning, sanitation, systems (A/C, heating, IT, fire and more)
● Procure, negotiate and deal closing with multiple suppliers such as:
o drinks (e.g. coffee, beer, water and soda fountain, snacks vendors)
o VOIP & Phones
o Remote secretary services
● Writing house rules protocols in accordance to Mindspace guidelines for working with suppliers in synergy
with community management
● Create maintenance protocols ensuring smooth activity of all system related issues
● Handling building security, access cards, cameras monitoring, security companies etc.
● Responsible for successful buildings operations
● Keep improving procedures by using existing metrics (KPIs)
● Compile and analyze data and metrics to support business decisions in your market
● Manages the administrative, logistical and all other aspects of the location
● Punch list creation and solutions in collaboration with project management
● Conceptualize and execute top-notch events prior to and when the new location opens
● Support, coordinate and interact seamlessly with all the teams involved from opening
● Keep a transparent and effective communication in order to be always aligned with company’s corporate
Experience & Minimum Qualifications:
● Demonstrated operational experience - sales experience with different phase stages (prospect, develop and closing the deal) is an advantage
● 3 plus years of management experience in the hospitality or related industry
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to influence multiple stakeholders at various levels
● Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
● University Degree in Business, Economics or related field
Critical Competencies for Success:
● Detail oriented person with strong ability for multitasking
● Hands on, hands on, hands on.
● Results driven, and being a great methodologist are essential in order to excel in this role
● Customer centric, a people’s person and fast identification of our members’ needs
● Getting the job done! Practical, fast thinker, and being able to deliver whatever it takes
● Multi-tasking and ability to communicate with different type of members, stakeholders and departments within the organization
● Knowing the eco-system – being familiar with start-ups, designers, and what is going on in the city – big advantage
● Can translate trends to actionable ways to anticipate customer and market needs